Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Environmental Champions Update
A little update and a request for willing volunteers
- The recent Community Voluntary awards were a huge success. The event was opened by Cardiff’s Vice Chancellor with a range of partners and supporters at the event where we gave out certificates to our volunteers with the Student Police Initiative click here for info
- We are very excited to have recruited two coordinators for the project who are going to be helping engage with students. Hannah and Megan will be taking on the social media side of the project, help recruit students and community members and help us come up with new project ideas.
- Join us on our Get It Out For Cardiff charity walkabouts on the 9th and 10th June starting 10.30am back of Cardiff Students Union. We will be reminding students about the campaign http://www.cardiffdigs.co.uk/getitout.htm and their end of term waste and recycling responsibilities. Please let Kath know if you will be attending so that we have an idea of numbers (EdwardsK13@cardiff.ac.uk)
- Please continue to remind everyone you know about this years Get It Out For Cardiff re-use and charity collection of unwanted items. 20 green zones are set up across the city including 14 YMCA re-use banks – pin point locations here including ones at all student halls, Cardiff and Cardiff Met Student Union, next to Cathays railway station, along Cryws road outside Roy Jenkins hall. Please spread the word
- The scheme also includes extra waste collections in Cathays, Roath and Gabalfa over 3 weekends in June; 16th, 23rd and 30th for an early Saturday morning collection.
- Please could spend a few minutes completing this survey about cardiffdigs.co.uk with a chance to win an ipad http://www.surveys.cardiff.gov.uk/cardiffdigs/
- We are in the process of working with the Student Police Initiative setting up start of term walkabouts to ensure our new students are aware of their social responsibilities so we will keep you informed of definite dates.
- We are always on teh look out for new volunteers, students or residents ready for the start of the next academic year - to learn a bit more about us visit here or e-mail Kath EdwardsK13@cardiff.ac.uk
Thank you for your continued support