The Local neighbourhood Policing team wish to make vehicle owners aware of a number of recent occasions whereby valuable items have been left on open show in cars in student areas. This has unfortunately led to incidences of theft from those vehicles.
Please find below some simple steps to protect your vehicle.
1. Lock the doors and close the windows when you leave your car, however long you are leaving it for.
2. Don't leave anything on display. Even an old coat, 50p or plastic bag can be a tempting target for a thief.
3. Remove the stereo if you can.
4. Don't keep valuables or important documents in the glove box. Leave the glove box open to show there is nothing inside.
5. Fold in wing mirrors to discourage vandals.
6. Keep your car keys in a safe and secure place, even in your home.
7. Consider getting an alarm fitted. Alarms can deter thieves not only from stealing your vehicle, but also from taking items from it.
For more safety information please visit: http://www.cardiffdigs.co.uk/safety.htm